Thursday and Friday, July 25th and 26th, 9 am – 3 pm
Clark College, Gaiser Hall. 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663
Hula dancers and crafters of Hawaiian arts pilgrimage from around the globe to attend this one of a kind workshop. With preeminent master instructors from Hawaiʻi, the workshop offers instruction on dance, language, oli/chant, mele, outrigger canoe paddling, history, current Hawaiian issues, and cultural crafts. E komo mai a e a‘o pū kākou! Come and learn with us. There’s something for everyone!
- Outrigger Canoe Paddling and Wa’a Traditions
- Keiki classes – Hands-on crafts, makahiki games, music, storytelling and dance
- Poi Pounding
- ‘Awa Ceremony
- Fresh lei making techniques
- Coconut leaf weaving
- Archeological Tour of Fort Vancouver to learn about the role of early Hawaiians in the Pacific Northwest
- Hula taught by respected kumu hula from Hawai‘i and the Pacific Northwest – intermediate and advanced levels
Meals are included. Morning classes include breakfast (prior to class). Afternoon classes include lunch (prior to class). Full day classes include both meals.
Questions? Please email email@example.com